Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Walking to school

The weather is warmer, the flowers are blooming, the air is crisp, and it is just absolutely beautiful outside! Gas is $3.47 a gallon, our van doesn't get great gas mileage, and we don't have a lot of extra money. These are all great reasons to walk my daughter to school in the morning instead of driving her. That is exactly what we've been doing for the last two weeks. The benefits have been more than financial. On the way to school, I've had some great discussions with Liz about what's going on in her life and what she's thinking. On the way home, I have time to plan my day. I'm getting some great exercise, too! Estimated savings: 20 cents. It doesn't sound like much, but after two weeks, that buys me a gallon of milk. Related Tags: , ,

No comments: